Long, Reher, Hanson & Price Newsletter
Winter 2018 Issue
• Minnesota Has An ABLE Account!
• Childhood Disability Benefits
• Medicaid Update
• Supported Decision-Making: Because Guardianship is Not Always the Answer
• Welcome Eleanor Richardson
• Medical Assistance Numbers That Change in January 2018
• “Granny Cams” – Balancing Privacy Rights in the Face of Elder Abuse
• New Limitations on Medical Assistance Estate Recovery
Summer 2017 Issue
• When Your Investments Are Held Hostage
• Another Pooled Trust Victory
• Medical Assistance Numbers That Changed in July 2017
• Minnesota’s Estate Tax Exemption Increases to $2.1 Million … Maybe?
• LRHP Attorneys in the News and 2017 Super Lawyers
• New Transfer-On-Death Designation for Motor Vehicles
• New Law for Section 8 Public Housing
• Get Ready! Medicare Open Enrollment is October 15 – December 7!
Winter 2017 Issue
• Finally! Special Needs Trust Fairness Act Becomes Law
• Designation of a Caregiver
• Medical Assistance Numbers That Change in January 2017
• SAGE Launches LGBT Elder Hotline
• Do You Have a “Digital Estate Plan?”
• Transfer on Death for Watercraft
• Minnesota Last of 50 States to Enact Pet Trust Law
Summer 2016 Issue
• Minnesota Waiver Program Update
• Maximum Community Spouse Asset Allowance Now Applies to All
• Medical Assistance Numbers That Change in July 2016
• Minnesota’s ABLE Plan Will Be Operational in 2016
• State Law Increases the Size of Estates That Can Be Administered Outside of Probate
• Special Needs Trust Distributions Are Not Income for Housing Benefits
• 2016 Super Lawyers
Winter 2016 Issue
• ALERT!!!! Married Persons on Waiver Programs
• Medical Assistance Numbers that Change in January 2016
• New Minnesota Law Provides Additional Protection for Medicare Beneficiaries
• New Name and Other Firm News
• Medicare to Cover Costs of Advance Care Planning
• New Social Security Retirement Rules for Married Couples
• Long-Term Care Insurance—What You Need to Know
Summer 2015 Issue
• LRH Boasts Four Super Lawyers!
• Achieving a Better Life (MABLE) Plan Accounts Authorized in Minnesota
• New Website and Blog
• Medical Assistance Financial Eligibility Updates
• Minnesota’s Olmstead Plan Remains a Work in Progress
• Technology as Caregiver?
• Only One IRA Rollover Per Year!
• The Medical Assistance Numbers That Change in July
Winter 2015 Issue
• ALERT! Married Couples Reducing Excess Assets
• Guardianship and End of Life Decision Making
• Medical Assistance Update: The Numbers
• Planning for a Loved One with a Disability
• The ABLE Act: Congress Enacts Important Legislation for Disabled Individuals
• Veterans’ Access to Care Bill Signed
• Another Blow to DHS’ Position on Life Estates
• New Nursing Facility Level of Care Criteria May Affect Your Eligibility!
Summer 2014 Issue
• Veterans Benefits – An Important Part of Your Planning
• Medical Assistance: Beware!
• Medical Assistance: The Numbers
• 2013 Gift Tax Law Repealed; Estate Tax Exemption Increased
• LRH Succeeds in Overturning DHS Position on Life Estates
• Notice to Conservators!
• No Annuity Planning (Yet) for Community Spouses
• Married Waiver Recipients Face Uncertain Eligibility Future
• GAO Study on Medicaid Eligibility Submitted to Congress
• Long, Reher & Hanson Welcomes Two New Associates
Winter 2014 Issue
• New Addition to Long, Reher & Hanson
• Award Hat-Trick
• Maximize Your Medicare Benefits
• MnSure Update
• The Numbers That Change in January
• You Know Who Your Beneficiaries Are, But Does Your Financial Institution?
• New Level of Care Criteria Implementation Delayed
August 2013 Issue
• BIG, BIG Tax Changes: New MN Gift Tax & Modifications to the Estate Tax
• Long, Reher & Hanson News
• Medical Assistance Update
• Special Needs Trust Alert Follow-Up!
• New Power of Attorney Laws