Trust Administration

We represent trustees as they administer supplemental, settlement, or special needs trusts by advising on whether or not a requested distribution is permissible in light of the particular public benefit the client is receiving; preparing annual accountings for submission to the court or to the Department of Human Services State Recovery Unit; by filing necessary information with the Social Security Administration for SSI recipients, the county agency for Medical Assistance recipients, and the housing authorities if the client is residing in public housing; and by appealing or resolving adverse decisions regarding the status of the trust and the individual’s eligibility.